Crunchy and freeze dried? Sign me up!

It is finally September! Cooler days are headed our way. It is about time. It has been a pretty good month. I got to go to the baseball game and coming up is my 13th 5k! Not too shabby for a pup that is only 6 years old. We have not done much else because mom got into some poison ivy (her first time ever!) and being itchy and blotchy is not her idea of fun, so I played nurse instead of having walkies or trips to the park. Snuggles are always a good thing.

Here is me at the game, I was a little unsure of why they kept changing pitchers. I am still a forever and raised royal pup.


Onward to the important part of this post, the yummy stuff I got to test out. There were so many choices, it was hard to pick one. I decided to settle on some freeze dried treats. I have been on a total freeze dried kick lately. This month we go back to the Stella and Chewy’s brand. A brand we have come to know and trust.

This months selection is called Carnivore Crunch. IMG_3667


It comes in Duck, Chicken, Beef, and Turkey. As you can see,  I got to try out the Duck recipe. The moment she showed me the bag, I was pretty dang interested.

The duck recipe contains 98% poultry, organs, and ground bone. It of course is grain and gluten free. What about the other 2%? Well that is Pumpkin Seeds and Tocopherols (which acts as a preservative) Our bag does differ from the bag show on Chewy’s website, it looks like the recipe was changed slightly. It now contains Fenugreek seed. We took a look at what that was and it can help us with inflammation, lower blood glucose level, improve digestion, and help with skin and coat problems.

Each treat is about 2.3 kcals, So it is perfect for those pups keeping the weight down or it can be used as a training treat. They are also the perfect size. Sometimes all you need is a one bite treat. (mainly because it means I can get multiple treats at in one sitting)



Look at those yummy nuggets! I thought they were super tasty. I got to have five or six of them! The back of the package said that cats love them too. Mom offered a treat to Baby and Sam. They sniffed at it and then gobbled it up. Baby looked around for seconds. I am pretty sure that means he liked it. Mom even saw him trying to bust into the bag. That says a lot.

One thing that we really love about this company is their commitment to quality. Each batch is tested and those results can be found on their website. Recalls can be pretty scary when it comes to food or treats for dogs or cats. We can rest easy knowing that because the batch was tested, we do not have to worry about e coli or salmonella.  We were able to see that the batch tested negative for those bacteria’s.

So after testing this out and having to do all kinds of tricks to get them, I declare this to be worthy of 4 paws up. The kitties give four paws up as well.

We love the ingredients. Any treat that is mostly protein is always a plus in this house. We like that it is free of grains, fillers, gluten, artificial preservatives, or colorings. The size of the treat is perfect for all almost all sizes of pups and kitties. The low calorie amount makes it a great way to do training and not have to worry about over feeding of treats.

If you would like to look at all the other varieties of Carnivore Crunch, then click here.

Remember to look at all the other great things that has to offer. Super fast shipping and great customer service are a couple of the things that makes Chewy a great site to shop from.

Check out my instagram post here!

***********************we received this product at no cost to us in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts are mine and mine alone*****************************



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s